Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What if I lose my job...


California cannot agree on what should happen to the budget. San Diego forgot to "count" the impact of all the property tax reassessments that directly fund the salaries for county workers.

What if I lose my job...



  • Sell my condo and get back as much equity as possible

  • Move and buy a house with my recovered equity

  • Be a Walmart Greeter or the equivalent; a low stress job with health care

  • Take long walks

  • Read

  • Sleep well at night

  • Occasionally, swat mosquitoes

  • Shovel snow

Not a bad plan...

5 comments:

ponyboy said...

I've been having the same thoughts.

I was thinking I might cash in on the house and buy a combination bait store/filling station somewhere on a road less traveled I'd sit out front, drink Black Cherry Soda (that's "pop," Error and TILT), smoke my Sanchos and wait for anglers and motorists.

If an angler happened by, I would sell my minnows by the scoop; I would not count them out.

If a motorist pulled in, I would pump the gas, wash the windshield and check the oil and air. (I should add that if a motorist actually needed automotive assistance s/he would be out of luck…it’s a filling station, not a mechanic’s shop.) Maybe Cherry could learn to fix cars…

I’d probably have to home-school the children and join the Posse Comitatus, too, you’ve gotta give a little to get a little.

Roxanne Grooms said...

"The Pledge" pony-style

E-6 said...

Maybe Cherry could learn to fix cars.

That's rich.

My little sister and her husband both lost their jobs on the same day. Unrelated professions, mind you (finance and architecture, respectively.) Hey, happy birthday, sis!

It's a scary world we inhabit, folks. Good luck to all of us.

Roxanne Grooms said...

And then there is that pesky little North Korea...

Roxanne Grooms said...

Sorry to hear about your family's job status Error.