Sunday, April 5, 2009

FOURTEEN

1969

Friends/Family:
Brother, Mom and Dad, Terry, Lisa

My brother graduated from high school. He worked in the park that summer before he went off to college. I would make his lunches for him and I would try experimenting with different dishes. One time I made ham and gravy and I thought it was going to kill him. It was pretty bad but he ate it. My specialty was homemade pizza. He always enjoyed that. When he went off to college, I missed him. I remember driving up to Bowling Green State University and thinking the campus was huge. He was moving into the dorm and it was very cool walking through the halls seeing all the older boys.

Terry and I were an item in 9th grade. I was a cheerleader and he was on the basketball and football team. We only saw each other at school and games for the most part but every once in a while, someone would have a party. One time Lisa had a party at her house. Her parents were gone. They had a bar in the basement. We got into the liquor and helped ourselves to some interesting concoctions. That is the night that Terry and I first kissed. Meh, it was okay. I did not see stars or anything. It was nothing like the movie, "Splendor in the Grass". That movie was very powerful for me at that young and vulnerable age as I tried to figure out what boys were all about. I could feel the pain Deanie was going through when she wanted Bud so badly. The timing of that movie and my 9th grade year was a collision of great magnitude. I still love that movie today. Takes me back whenever I see it.



I loved CCR. This was my favorite song. When my parents would leave, I would play this song over and over and over as loud as I could. And I would dance in the livingroom. To this day, I still love their music.

In history, this happened: 1969
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1969.html

No comments: