Sunday, April 5, 2009

FORTY

1995

Friends/Family:
Mollie, Carol, Bob

Laura planned a surprise party for me with Bob and a lot of my Chisago City friends. We went downtown Minneapolis to a trendy little bar. Prior to that Bob and I went to Glueks for dinner and had a great time. He gave me a beautiful watch but I remember thinking..."A watch!!!??? Really???" Anyway, he said, "Let's go get a nightcap". We walked over to the bar where all my friends were waiting. It was a humbling and terrific time. Good memories.
Our friends had a cabin in Canada. We would drive up there and go fishing and prepare great meals and play cards and oh... drink. It was very remote so often times we would be the only people around. We would go out on the lake early in the morning, as the sun was coming up, and start our day with coffee and a baited hook. When we were done for the day we would head for the outdoor jacuzzi. It was heated with firewood so whoever got the short straw had to keep the fire going. Sometimes we would be in there and it would start snowing. Beautiful and tranquil!

In history, this happened: 1995
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1995.html

No comments: