Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIRTY-SIX

1991
Friends/Family:
Deluxe friends, Bob
Doing what I do best.... having a good time. My dad used to say that I could have fun in a paper bag. Little did he know that it was what was in the paper bag that counts. This was at a Deluxe Christmas Party. Those were pretty fun parties for we were all about the same age and had similar interests and got along so well. This was the year before Bob and I got married. I can't remember if he went with me to this party. If I were guessing, I would say he did not. They were usually right after work and across the street at the Green Mill or another little bar that use to be across from Target. But the beer in the hand meant a ride home so perhaps he picked me up. Can't remember. Hmmm...
We partied a lot at Deluxe. A lot. I did more partying there than in college...Well, maybe not. But we did go out a lot. I remember counting up the number of days we would do happy hour and we usually took Monday and Tuesday off. Occasionally, Wednesdays but for sure the Hour of Happiness hit both Thursdays and Fridays.
I think I was still reeling from my breakup with Gary. And I was in a new and premature relationship with Bob. He was definitely my rebound relationship and I had no business marrying him. But more on that in 1992.
In history, this happened: 1991
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1991.html

No comments: