Sunday, April 5, 2009

FORTY-SEVEN

2002

Friends/Family:
Boatboy

Went back to Mexico. Also, went to London and Paris with Boatboy. London and Paris were fully dedicated to art. While in London, I went to Tate Britain and Modern, National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery and local galleries as well as the wonderful pubs. While in Paris, I did the obvious stops such as Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower and Moulin Rouge, to name a few. I also went to the Picasso Museum, Musée d'Orsay, Centre Pompidou, and then up to Monet's Garden at Giverny and American Art Museum as well as, Honfleur and the Normandy Coast. I lived mostly on French bread, goat cheese and red wine plus lots of espresso with a sugar cube and lemon rind.
Believe it on not, I did not go to Musée du Louvre. I did not want to slight that experience. So, I said I would always go back and stay on Ile de la Cité for a week or so and just do that. But this time, it was an incredible trip. Incredible! I love Paris.
In history, this happened: 2002
http://www.infoplease.com/year/2002.html

No comments: