Sunday, April 5, 2009

FORTY-FOUR

1999
Friends/Family:
Brother's Family, Mom and Dad


I moved into my condo. It seemed like it was going to be a good place to live. There was a nice pool, tennis courts, modern and clean complex. It was close to the village and I had plenty of room for all of my things. I got into a routine of walking quite a bit around there because the views were so beautiful. And my nephews would come over a lot to go swimming. So, it was a nice transitional place to land coming from Minnesota. However, that is when I started my downward slide. I got very depressed. It was to the point of needing to go to the doctor. He recommended meds but I did not want to take anything. I thought I should be able to snap out of it. He recommended counseling. I took it. Once a week I went to a group specifically designed for people going through divorce. I hated the idea of going because I thought I was stronger than that but I went. It ended up being helpful because it helped me understand what was going on. I was mourning the loss of the dream, the rejection of my vows and significant changes in my life. I had quit my job, moved, lost some friends and went through a divorce in the span of 3 months. All the stresses of life piled into one heap. I eventually got a job 10 months later and that is when I truly started my uphill transition.

In history, this happened: 1999
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1999.html

No comments: