Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIRTY-ONE

1986

Friends/Family:
Gary, Gary's family, Deluxe friends

Gary and I moved into our new house in Shoreview. It was on Thanksgiving Day. We had dinner at his mom and dad's and then his family helped us move. I was so excited. It was a brand new home in a great neighborhood and only a couple of miles from my job. I was in heaven.

This picture is at another Deluxe party. I belive it was Halloween and I was a fashionable fairy princess and Carl was my bad boy prince.

Gary and I did not have a lot of furniture so started out trying to furnish our new digs. We loved estate sales so would hit those on the weekend. We found a great bedroom set that was in perfect condition. I also found a wonderful wooden desk so I bought it. I cleaned it up and gave it to Gary for his birthday. He loved it.

We landscaped our yard and I put in flowers by the deck. I would call my mom and ask what I should buy. Then I would go to the local depot and fill up my cart. I loved working in the dirt and watching them grow. It felt like such an accomplishment.

My life was good here. I felt blessed.

In history, this happened: 1986
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1986.html

No comments: