Sunday, April 5, 2009

TWENTY

1975

Friends/Family:
Pam, Bill, Mom and Dad

Still in the Army. My roommate, Pam, was transferred to Korea. She ended up going to flight school and flying helicopters. I wanted to get in and out and go to school so I was staying the course. Bill got out and moved back to Baltimore and worked in the banking industry. We were going to try a long distance relationship until I got out in 1976. So, I would go to Baltimore and he would come down alternating weekends. I went up one weekend and he had purchased some dishes. I remember saying that I liked a pattern of dish one time and he bought them. That same weekend he wanted to go look at apartments. I was thinking they were for him so I agreed. He had a different idea. We were looking for us. We talked that evening and he said he wanted to get married. I guess I should have seen it coming but I was still shocked. I ended up coming home and thinking I wanted to break up. In the meantime, I met someone who just got transferred to our unit. We got to be friends and well, one thing led to another. I broke up with Bill. He drove down one weekend, broke into my apartment while I was not there. I walked in and he was laying on my bed. He scared me to death. He was very hurt and a bit aggressive but he ended up leaving. He drove all the way back to Baltimore that night. I felt terrible but I was just not ready to get married and he was so insistent. We tried to get back together later on but it just did not work out. Anyway, we both moved on and we remain friends today. And this is a picture of mom and dad on a visit for some ceremony I had to take part in. It was always fun when they would come down. It was a nice vacation for them too.


In history, this happened: 1975
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1975.html

No comments: