Sunday, April 5, 2009

FIFTEEN

1970
Friends/Family:
HS friends, Brother, Mom and Dad


We lived on Memorial Drive. Mom worked for the School Board. My dad was still with the Patrol. My brother started at Bowling Green State University. I was now an only child so to speak and I loved it. We were living in town and I walked to school. I walked across this bridge every day. It was quite beautiful but in the winter time it was very cold.

I was very busy in school. I was involved in everything. I was a cheerleader, modern poetry club, class secretary, track, volleyball, Block-G, football, basketball games, going out for pizza afterwards and whatever else comes with being a teenager. I have good memories of this time. No drama. Just good times. But I do admit, even though I liked having mom and dad to myself, I missed my brother. I remember him bringing girls home from college and I would eye them up and down to see if they were good enough for him. I suppose I was a little brat but I did not care. It was my brother. Here I am pictured with his dog, which he would bring home from school on occasion. I was impressed with Tina Turner. She could dance and sing. When this came out, an old CCR song, I thought that only Tina could pull it off. And she did.

Another strong woman. But at the time, we did not know that Ike was beating the crap out of her. But when the song and subsequent movie,"What's Love Got to Do With It" came out about Tina's life and how she conquered her fear, my respect for her grew ten-fold. She is still someone I look up to today.

In history, this happened: 1970
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1970.html

No comments: