Sunday, April 5, 2009

THREE

1958

Friends/Family:
Mom and Dad, Brother

If correct, I have a memory of my brother getting on a school bus. I watched him from my upstairs bedroom window as he walked across the big yard and got on a big yellow bus. I remember missing him because he was my best friend. Don't recall much else about my brother and this time without prompting from my mom.
I do remember the climb up the stairs to my bedroom was very scary. It was dark and I did not like going up them alone. I remembering having a recurring dream that I was trying to climb the stairs and trucks were driving towards me. I was going to get hit by them. I am not sure how long that dream state lasted or why I dreamed that.
At the top of the stairs was my bedroom. I hated going up to bed because I was sure creatures lived under my bed. I would run as fast as I could and jump up on my bed so my feet would not be exposed to the creatures who lived below. I would quickly tuck myself in so nothing could harm me. It was always a treat when my mom or dad would walk upstairs with me.
In History, this happened: 1958
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1958.html

2 comments:

gracie said...

I heart this.

Roxanne Grooms said...

I heart you....