Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIRTY-FIVE

1990
Friends/Family:
Bob, Karl, Deluxe friends

In June of 1990, I met Bob. I met him at a Deluxe after work party at a bowling alley that had a great bar and dance floor area. One of my Deluxe coworkers introduced me to him and Karl. They were sitting at a table together. I was more interested in Karl but Bob asked me to dance. We danced and I recall thinking he was not a very good dancer. But then there was a slow dance and he was very kind and better at that pace. Anyway, he went home with me that night. As we pulled into the driveway I asked him if he wanted to park his car in my garage. He laughed and said that was the best line he had ever heard. I laughed as well and remember thinking that he was someone special. We went into my apartment. I was living in a converted and beautiful walkout home on Lake Johanna. It was lined with 3 huge french door across the back. We went out on the dock and talked all night long. We then came in and went to sleep...yes only sleep. He was quite the gentleman. The next day we said our good byes and he left. I was disappointed that he did not say anything about calling me again but I guess I wasn't expecting too much. When I got back to my kitchen, he had left a note on the counter saying he had a great time and to call him later. I guess he was letting me make the choice. He left his number. I did not call right away. In fact, I don't think I called him until Sunday. We met at O'Garas in the Garage. The Hoopsnakes were playing. We had a great time and I fell for him and the Hoopsnakes in one fell swoop.

In history, this happened: 1990
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1990.html

No comments: