Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIRTY-NINE

1994
Friends/Family:
Bob, Carol K.


In the winter, Bob would put the fish house on the lake and we would spend many a weekend out there. It was fun. A village would spring up over night. I learned to clean fish and of course, that was my task for the winter. But I enjoyed it. I loved catching them more and they were delicious to eat, especially the crappies and sunnies. We also had a snowmobile and I would take that around the lake. I was never one for trail riding because the riders would go way too fast. I was more in the 40-50 mph range. I was made fun of but I didn't care. In the morning we would jet up the hill and Bob's mom would make breakfast for us. She was such a great cook. We would get our fill of coffee and head back out. Then we would get visitors all day long. It was a very social event. The fish house was fully carpeted, heated, had a stereo system and bunk beds. We were really roughing it.

Our dog Blu loved to be out there too. He would run along side the snowmobile when I drove because I drove so slow. See that little ding in the bottom left corner of the sled? That is where I hit a telephone pole after coming back from my birthday party at Rocky's. Oops...

In history, this happened: 1994
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1994.html

No comments: