Sunday, April 5, 2009

TWENTY-FIVE

1980

Friends/Family:
MCAD Friends, Gary, Mike

I transfered from Wright State University to Minneapolis College of Art and Design. I found a converted Victorian right across the street from the college. It was a beautiful house. I had two roomates and we got along pretty well, considering we were so busy and hardly ever saw each other. The house was convenient but it had mice and bats. At night I would look down from my bed and see the mice making a trail to the kitchen. I cannot remember being too freaked out about it as long as they did not crawl on me. And then I came home from school one day and there were two bats hanging upsidedown from our fireplace mantle. One evening we were sitting at the dining room table and a bat swooped down on us. We screamed hysterically and ran to the kitchen and put pots on our heads. The next day I went to the landlords office downtown and demanded he do something about the rodents. He did but I soon moved out.


How fitting is this song for this year of my life...I was looking for Funky Town...I found it.



After gaining permission from Gary's father, I moved in with Gary in a cute little blue rambler in Moundsview. I was in heaven. We had a garden and went to estate sales to furnish the place. We refurbished furniture and made the place very nice. Mike became a roomate as well and so the three of us would have fun weekends drinking beer, playing records and going to soccer games. Life was good. I was with the love of my life.
I am hanging laundry on the clothes line. In the background is where we planted our garden. It was a huge yard and in the Fall, we raked leaves non-stop.

In history, this happened: 1980
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1980.html

No comments: