Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIRTY-SEVEN


1992
Friends/Family:
Mom and Dad, Bob and his family, Deluxe Friends

On September 19, 1992 I got married to Bob. He was seven years younger than me but it did not seem to matter. We played well together. Golfed, fished, camped, boated, snowmobiled, liked to have dinner parties, liked his family, he liked mine. So, we got married.





Here is a fun little pic with my mom and dad. My dad just had open heart surgery about 6 months prior to this. But nothing was going to stop him from being at my wedding. My friends, Lisa and Barb. were in the wedding. We all wore white and the men wore black. We had about 200+ in attendance and it was so much fun. My art college friend, Tom, played some music and it was so beautiful. All my music was great and I was so happy that he agreed to be a part of my day.

We rented an old girl scout camp lodge where there were two massive stone fireplaces at each end of the room. It was very rustic as the tables were built with planks with bench seats. I put potted plants on each table and let the guests take them home at the end of the evening. And speaking of evening, we had the best reception on the planet. We found a band at O'Gara's called The Leicesters. I think they were from Wisconsin. We liked their sound and asked them to play. They graciously did and everyone loved them. I think they had just as much fun as we did. My friends from Deluxe were there with bottles and bottles of Jagermeister. They were the life of the party. I had decorated the tables with little red heart confetti. By the end of the evening, they were sticking them on their faces. It looked like the Measles had struck. On Monday at work, a lot of them still had red marks on their faces where the hearts had dyed their skin. Too funny.

By the end of the evening, we were all pretty happy. Here is a picture of Karl. He was Bob's roomate. Karl and Bob were sitting together the first time I ever met Bob. Great news is that Karl met Heidi at our wedding. Today, they have been married for almost 10 years and have 3 children.

Barb and Lisa were in charge of getting us back to the hotel. Barb pulled the car around and we all got in. However, Bob was nowhere to be found. Lisa got out to find him. She finally did and he poured himself into the back seat. As he got in he stopped and said to me. "How do you like me so far?"

Our song for the event was this...


In history, this happened: 1992
http://www.infoplease.com/year/1992.html

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I remeber that reception well. What a crazy night! Oh, and actually Karl and I just had our 14th anniversary in April. Time flies....

Roxanne Grooms said...

OMG...14? Wow...Congrats. You snagged yourself a good one there missy. I will never forget when we were wondering where you were and you come out of the woods with your hair multi-directional and a smirk on your face. Then remember the interview about Karl in the bathroom? Who knew!!! I love you both...and you made yourself some pretty cute kids.

Roxanne Grooms said...

BTW H...did you see entry at age 35? They were both sitting there being all smug and such. Too funny... looking back...